Wednesday 12 October 2011

The Great Spider Web Hunt

This morning I went hunting for spider webs. There was a blanket of heavy fog shrouding the property. It was a mist so thick that water particles were visible in the air and could be felt on my skin. Conditions were perfect. 

A spider web greeted me upon arrival at the chicken coop.



Spider webs also greeted me at the horse paddock.




Down in the paddock woven webs caressed every limb of every plant.




A network of silk entangled the tangled rose bush. 



A complex acrobatic and geometric lacework danced in the light. 

                       

Just when I thought my hunt was complete, I stumbled upon the most beautiful spider web I have ever seen. She floated between the mossy limbs of a dying tree with her lattice work of pearly thread. 





Glistening threads engulfed the tree.




This morning I went on a spider web hunt. Though one could hardly call it a hunt. Webs clung to every surface of every plant, tree and building. A network of silk hung over the property just like the thick morning mist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment